Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Early Times of COVID-19 Pandemic

 Assalammualaikum

Hi blog! 

Can't believe after such a long time of me wanting to write in this blog, I finally do it now haha! Anyways I'm going to start posting about what has happened throughout last year! So let's just imagine it's still 2020 now alright. By the way, I realised that I have posted 2 posts in 2020 but none of them mention COVID haha funny

So for the sake of my future self to remember, know that starting end of February 2020, Malaysia dilanda COVID-19 pandemic! So COVID-19 is the virus spreading around since then (actually even until NOW - the time I'm writing this, I haven't go out of the house for about 2 months). This virus is just so deadly because it can be easily transmitted through the air. So the measures to prevent this include not staying too close with other people, avoid going out and meet relatives, friends more so strangers, we need to wear face masks when important situations requiring us to go outside, all types of face to face work now is being done through an online platform like students having to study online, workers are working remotely at their homes instead of the office, no dine-in is allowed, almost 80% of the economy sector are closed. 

So what is a Pandemic?

According to the Oxford dictionary, it's when a disease outbreak spreads across the whole world. Yeah, this is a global disease and almost all countries in the world right now are suffering from it. This disease came to Malaysia around end of Feb 2020 but it started earlier in some countries like China which first detected this unusual virus around the end of 2019. 

I hope that introduction makes sense. Anyway, when COVID first starting to spread around, I was already in Australia for my third-year undergraduate studies. At that time, Australia did not suffer much and they only did not allow anyone from China to come to their country. I pretty much study like normal for 2, 3 months in Aussie where we can go out, did not have to wear masks and doing other things normally. I remember at that time there were not so many cases in Malaysia as well, but of course cases are much lower in Aussie but Malaysia did have stricter rules, everyone needs to wear masks and all and our country is doing really well to contain the virus. Australia on the other hand was a bit lenient in handling this virus, where it was not compulsory for us to wear masks and everything is almost normal. I remember that there were few lockdowns but all that was just really for about a week. So 2020 is not entirely cancelled for me when I was in Australia as I did manage to have fun and hang out with Zaki! Below here are the photos of me living the best life I could until October 2020. 

A photo with the famous building in University of Sydney!

Sneak peak Zaki hehe 

Picnic at Barangaroo Reserve

Eid with Malaysians in University of Sydney!

Last dinner with my housemates

2020 indeed was not a bad year for me. That's it for now! See you in the next post :)

Sincerely,
Amira

No comments:

Post a Comment